Friday 24 October 2008

Wanna see a great Brighton comedian?


Ok, so I went to a comedy show tonight which was awsome (with my ex which was not quite the icing on the cake but hey ho, i dealt with it) It was a guy called Steven Grant and I highly recommend him! He performs at the Komedia all the time and he's amazing!!!! He is so clever...but not too clever so your brain doesn't hurt. But im very fussy with comedians and he always blows me away! I will buy his DVDs when i can afford them and you can all come round and watch them :0)

Anyhoo, it was a show all about coming 2nd (not 1st) And it was really interesting to hear cos I realised that I am 1 of those people who is always the runner up and never quite comes 1st in anything (except student rep apparentlty - woop!) And it was so refreshing to listen to cos although what he was saying was hilarious, it had a great message that if you dont quite come 1st then it makes you an even stronger person and it improves you. And just cos you dont come 1st doesn't mean you are a loser...and personally I am a perfectionist and an overachiever which I am told is to do with low self esteem. Actually I love myself a bit too much, but i never think I am quite good enough and so I always try and be better and im not satisfied if I dont win... which is really sad actually isn't it. So yeah, the show really opened my eyes and made me realise that it's ok to not always be the best. Its much better to be the best I can be and accept myself for me and learn and grow from everything I do achieve and more importantly, don't quite achieve. So perhaps this is pointless rambling (cos it is 2:20am!) But i felt like sharing my thoughts with at least 3 people (chears for always reading you guys!)

But yeah - Steven Grant! Look him up and maybe one day we can all save out pennies and go to th Komedia as a class trip. Its like, £10 on a Sunday and you get 3 comedians, and Steven imbetween each one.




Thought id end with a funny little pic I found on an art website...I am the super cool black blob on the left ;0)

1 comment:

Kat said...

Haha! (finally got round to commenting!) Well I think your ace! ^_^ and if you were saying i'm on the left i'm not so sure about that- haha! Not from me head, but I do do pretty mean copies of things!

I'll have to check that comedian out!