Monday 19 July 2010

Quite an Interview!

So today I had a job interview to work for a jewelery company. It lasted for 3 and a half hours which is a record for me I mist say! I started off with the interview and then explaining my way through my portfolio. 

Then I was given a brief to complete in 2 hours. I had to set up my equipment and a light tent, choose a few pieces of jewelery out of a large selection, choose some props from a very random selection and photograph! Then I had to edit/re touch the images.

The theme of the shoot was 'Narnia'. Unfortunately for me I didn't know anything about Narnia! So I began by researching the film quickly and flicking through fashion magazines.  I was worried about my lack of time so I didn't research as much as I maybe should have done, but I did my best.  I cant say all the pics are Narnia themed, but I was so confused to how to do a Narnia jewelery shoot without knowing the story or film! So some of my end photos just happened to look good - end of!

Ive never shot products before, including jewelery, and a lighting tent - well Ive never even seen one before! It was certainly a steap learning curve but I'm really glad I gave it a go and I did my best. I'll hear next week whether I get the job as they are interviewing all week - eek!


Here are some of my photos from the interview brief:

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hello Emma they look pretty good to me, nice and sharp and good detail. Well done for your foray into photographing products

Love Dad